Thursday, June 30, 2011

REFLECTIONS AND NOTES

It's been six months since I came to Yashodhara and the experience is always renewed. Only when you consider that something is unusual does the mind leave its stingy side. Perhaps what led me to come here was the hunger of seeing clearly.

Among other tasks, you could say I've become a guardian or caretaker of the children, which to me is an occasional pleasure and to them may be sometimes a nuisance. Perhaps the lack of understanding of their language or the world of children is a constant challenge to consciousness. But I see clearly that the mistake is to judge kids with the scale of adults, forgetting that a child is fast and mobile as a stream and any impurities need not cause great alarm, because the speed of current is in itself the best corrective action. Therefore, it is the caregiver or guardian who must avoid behaving incorrectly.

So stay I tuned to listen, sewing pockets, since a child has yet to be born who is so poor that there is nothing to fill his pockets with. Watching the streams of their likes, dislikes and desires. Becoming aware of how I am receiving a sensory education without fully understanding each step. He who dwells on the surface does not always know what happens in the recesses of consciousness.

Gratefully,

Eshana Alcover – live-in Volunteer at Yashodhara Shelter